Homeowners, interior decorators, and real estate agents know that lighting is highly important to the mood and style of a home. Lighting fixtures can help to maximize or minimize the amount of lighting in a room, affecting the ambiance, and the look of the decor.
The type and style of the light fixtures, is often ignored and thought to be unimportant, but choosing the right light fixtures can set the stage of how you want the space to be utilized, and how your friends and family feel when their enjoying the space.
Here are some valuable tips on how to choose the right light fixtures to compliment your home’s decor:
1. Lighting fixtures for the bedroom, should allow in various levels of light, because the bedroom is often a multi-functional space. You will want dim lighting for times of rest, relaxation, and to create a peaceful mood; while having the luxury of a brighter light, when needed for reading or doing homework with the kids.
2. Pendant style lamps are perfect for family rooms, entertainment spaces, or areas used for reading. They offer a nice stylish alternative to the table lamp, which is usually common in these types of spaces.
3. If your home boasts a sleek and modern design, recessed lighting, is a wonderful option. It really compliments modern and minimalist design and decor, and takes up less space in a room, while offering an ample amount of lighting.
4. Bathroom lighting fixtures are very important, because the fixtures must be able to light the space for great vision, while offering shadow-free lighting. Side lights around the bathroom mirror can be a wonderful solution to this common problem. This makes it easier to see for grooming and applying make-up.
5. Wall sconces are beautiful accents to any room. Sconces come in a wide variety of styles and designs that will suit any and every decor. Sconces are not only great lighting fixtures, as they can minimize lighting to create just the right mood, but can also be focal points in your room’s design.
6. Chandelier lighting is more popular than ever. They are always on trend in home decor and design, because they are available in a myriad of colors, shapes, and designs. From the classic jeweled look, to brass, copper, wood, and modern art designs; chandeliers make a statement in a space, and often sets the entire mood and decor of the room.